The Holidays are here and gift-giving time is fast approaching. Have you purchased a gift for yourself or that special someone who LOVES fitness yet? If you are stumped on ideas for what to get, have no fear, we are here to save the day with our 10 favorite gift ideas!
1) Wearable Activity Tracker: A new wave of wearable fitness devices, also called fitness activity trackers, has become extremely popular in recent years. What began as relatively simple devices like pedometers, heart monitors, and calorie counters have evolved into all-in-one devices that can connect to the Internet or your smartphone for long-term tracking of your fitness data, as well as sharing of your data with other fitness fanatics.
I love that these devices can provide extra motivation and the ability to see a history of your activity over time! Brands I LOVE:
- MyZone Heart Rate Monitor: $90 (Purchase here from Core 3: MyZone), $150 from My Zone's website.
- Garmin HRM Tri: $129.99
2) Meal Planning/Food Prep: One of the biggest X factors in supporting fitness endeavors is ensuring you have the most nutritious and macro-nutrient dense food available at all times. We all know that with busy schedules this can sometimes seem impossible. Problem solved! Give the gift of amazing nutrition by providing a gift card to one of our favorite companies!
- Fit Flavors: If you or your loved one does not like to cook, this is the answer! Fit Flavors provides individually packaged meals that are fresh, nutritionally balanced, extremely healthy and ready to heat and eat.
- Plate Joy: If you enjoy cooking and want meal planning assistance, this website is for you! Plate Joy provides you with personalized, on-demand meal plans and grocery lists for specialized diets and preferences. I have been using this service to meal plan for my entire family and we are LOVING the recipes and variety! $59 (6 months) or $89 (1 year). Purchase here: PlateJoy
3) Water Bottle: I know, I know….you and all of your workout friends have a million water bottles but THIS bottle is not just any bottle, it is a S'well bottle! When developing and designing the S'well bottle, they aimed to create a bottle that keeps drinks cold for 24 hours and hot for 12! Plus they are GORGEOUS and feel really nice in your hand! $25-$45. Purchase here: S'well bottle
4) Shirt, Tee or Hoodie from a favorite studio: We just so happen to have have a few cute styles and sizes in stock. Call us (314.494.6900) or let us know next time you are in what size and style you want! $35-$50
5) Fun Yoga Mat: If you are going to spend 1 hour on a mat, why not stare at a self-affirming message that will help carry you through the other 23 or so hours of your day? We fell in love the other day with Affirmat! Get one and see how bright your day can be after looking at an uplifting message for 1 hour! $66-$86. Purchase here: Affirmat
6) Gym Bag: We all need a new gym bag now and then to keep our trips to/from the gym interesting AND organized. Our recent fave is the Everything Fits Gym Bag from GAIAM! Not only is this bag super stylish but it also keeps your essentials all in one place! $60. Purchase here: GAIAM Bag
7) Massage: According to the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA), massage acts to improve performance, reduce pain, prevent injury, encourage focus and shorten recovery time. It basically involves two types of responses: a mechanical response as a result of the pressure and movement and a reflex response where the nerves respond to the stimulation of a massage. Sounds good to me! One of our favorite local masseuses is Sara Jane Salama, LMT! Call her to purchase a gift certificate! 813-484-7012
8) Feel Good Gift: You and your recipient can get warm fuzzies when youmake a donation to help fund a yoga studio in Old North St. Louis whose mission is to provide affordable yoga to North City residents. Make a donation in the name of your loved one here: Yoga in Old North St. Louis
9) Inspirational Yogis of St. Louis 2016 Calendar: The amazing and super talented YoGoGirls recently captured the essence of some area yogis for a limited edition 2016 Yogis of St. Louis calendar for Yoga Buzz STL. The Calendars are $20 (includes shipping)! Proceeds benefit Yoga Buzz, a non-profit organization committed to making the practice of yoga accessible and inclusive to all. Their community outreach program provides need-based scholarships to attend classes at local yoga studios. $20. Order your calendar here: Yoga Buzz Calendar
10) Class, Membership OR Gift certificate to a favorite studio: One of the best ways to show your fitness enthusiast friend that you are paying attention is to surprise them with a gift certificate to their favorite studio! Click here to purchase one to Core 3: Core 3 Gift Card
Wishing your Peace.Love.CORE this Holiday Season!